Download PDF Programme
The course is designed for those who want to improve their knowledge of Italian culinary and gastronomic traditions.
We offer a full series of practical cooking, pastry, ice-cream, pizza and bread workshops and an in-depth study of wine and craft beer, focusing on technical and cultural aspects, covered in lessons on food studies, technologies and processing methods.
6 weeks of both theory and practical lessons at International Department (103 hours)
60 hours of educational apprenticeship for 5 weeks in selected and prestigious restaurants
The course is of 6 weeks and it is divided into three different modules:
– The first consists in classroom and laboratory-based lessons at the Academy’s headquarter
– The second offers a set of educational trips and experiences in Italian’s main cities,
through the most important traditions (culture, gastronomy and agriculture)
– The third is practical with an apprenticeship in a prestigious restaurant selected by the Academy
- Cooking | 45 hours
- Pastry making | 10 hours
- Pizza and bakery | 10 hours
- Gelato making | 5 hours
- Oenology | 10 hours
- Brewing | 8 hours
- Food Commodities | 10 hours
- Food Safety and HACCP | 5 hours
During lessons students are divided into groups and they will manage preparation of ingredients and execution of recipes according to a rotation system. Students are involved in practical activities which take place in laboratories of cooking, pastries, ice cream, and a brewery.
*details about each topic are in the brochure
Students work in a typical restaurant, near the Academy, selected by us. Each student will work in a different catering business and will have the opportunity to practice and improve the techniques learnt during both theory lessons and practical workshops.
Students will also enjoy six educational field trips in some of the most cultural and artistic cities in Italy: Padua, Venice, Verona, Florence, Rome.
Students will be guided by a teacher on their trips and they will fully experience Italian traditions, throughout some of most significant aspects of the Italian Culinary Tradition.
Before each trip teachers will talk about the itinerary and the main attractions in the classroom, focusing on the typical regional cookery of every destination.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Italian and foreign professionals from food and wine industries
- Food and cooking professionals and Passionates
- Post graduated wishing to spend some time abroad doing a unique experience
- Who want to approach a job full of success and try if its passion can turn into a job opportunity
The course will start with a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 20 students.
The course fee of 5,500 Euro includes:
- Theory and Practical Lessons
- Course materials, all food and equipment for lessons, workshops and tastings
- Apprenticeship placement in prestigious Italian restaurants: our partner restaurants have been selected from the best regional restaurants, and have been collaborating with the Academy for a long time. All the chefs are representative of our Italian culinary culture and speak both Italian and English
- Field trips’ transportation costs
- Chef uniform: a jacket with the Academy logo and hat
- Pleasant double room accommodation in Padua near the school, in the Academy’s residence (single room will have an additional cost not included in the course fee)
- Individual transfers are at the student’s own expense
- Group transfer costs from “Venice Marco Polo” Airport or “Treviso Antonio Canova” Airport (the cost covers group transfer only)
- Academy Diploma on completion of the course “The Italian Culinary and Gastronomy Master” Chef Diploma which is a European Qualification Framework (EQF): Qualification recognised worldwide
The fee does not include anything not specified above.
We provide a comfortable accommodation in mini apartments with double bedrooms and shared services in order to allow students to practice their cooking out of the classrooms.
The Guest houses are in a 4 stars hotel which has a convention with Accademia delle Professioni and are located near the campus.
It is possible to get a single room (not included in the Course Fee) with an additional amount of 400 Euro above the course fee.
Graduated in Philosophy had a change of Career at the age of 30. Now He is one of the top Italian Culinary Professional in Veneto and one of the most renowned Teachers. He also works as Elite Personal Chef
Bakery & Pastry Chef
Owner of “Pasticceria Marconato”. Before opening his own Pasticceria he worked with some of the best Pastry Businesses of the Region. He is winner of the “Best Pasticcere of Italy” competition and several others.
ANTONIO ROBERTO BICEGO
Beer Sommelier and Chef at APCI, He has worked with important Chefs and internationally renowned F&B sector businesses. He also helps Planning and Relaunching of food businesses.
National President of the Defence and Diffusion of Quality Craft Gelato Committee of GAT (Gelatieri Artigiani Triveneto), Founder of the Craft Gelateria “Alle Terme” and Main Teacher for our Gelato Training courses
Graduate of Industrial Biotechnologies, Quality verification for the Management Systems and expert of Food Certifications. Teacher from 2009 in Environmental Hygiene Department.
Brewer & BJCP Gudge
Food technologist and Brewer. She studied at the Institute of Brewing and Distilling where she continues to deepen her studies. Has worked as quality control Responsible at renowned Breweries.